Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I did not want to had to write this blog, but God sometimes changes the direction we are going. September 19, 2011 3:06 PM He changes the course of my life. Leighton went home to be with the Lord and now he is well again probably running a new race everyday. Oh how I loved that man and oh how I miss him, but I know I will see him again someday. Each of you that have followed his ramblings know that he was a fighter and loved life. Because he was a kind person he left his mark on hundreds of lives. Our chapel was filled to standing room only on the morning of his memorial service. What a tribute to a life well lived.

I want to thank each of you for all your prayers and words of encouragement over these past months. You kept him believing that he would beat this terrible "C".

We went to New Mexico for the month of August. What a wonderful time we had. We saw old friends - held our wine glasses to the sunset - even saw a few (every few) sunrises - celebrated birthdays - played with our grandchildren - had the usual Labor Day party and it did not rain. On September 10 we danced the night away at a Chamber Gala. He kept saying just one more dance. What a gift of love he gave me that six weeks. I look at it as my birthday gift of a life time. So many people never have the joy that God gave us in that six weeks.

In trying to sum up Leighton's life, I would have to use one of his mothers favorite expressions: "You done good"!

I love you honey, Lynda

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Lynda you are an amazing woman and he was an amazing man. You two fit so well together and I know you are going to miss your other half so very much. We all will. He would be so proud of you and how you are handling all this. I can't imagine how hard this must be but know you are surrounded by so many people who love you. Praying God's strength and peace to you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nanny, I love you so much. You are one of the strongest women I know (tied really for first with your daughter, my mom), and you have been such an inspiration to me in the past few weeks. Pops is so proud of you.

    Love,
    Granddaughter #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, an end has come to the posted ramblings by Leighton and, Lynda, you have has written a loving final tribute to your guy. I will miss commenting on Leighton's blog as I felt we had a two year conversation during this difficult last run. Leighton taught me how to live fully in the shadow of death, and Lynda did likewise. To both of you, thanks for the lessons.

    Tom and I were fortunate to see Leighton and family at Tres Ritos at the end of August and then we were in attendance at his most fitting memorial service. Sorry we could not stay for the meal.

    Life here will be less colorful and less joyous without Leighton, but his glow linger on in our hearts and minds. I am sure Leighton rambles on in the other world.

    Forever, Grace

    ReplyDelete