Thursday, February 25, 2010

Each day looks better than the last. Slowly, but ever slowly, I'm gaining stamina. No more weight, mind you, but stamina. Eating about half of normal at each "setting", just try to "set" more often each day. Doc sent me to rehab a coupla months ago and that is still going very well. My "trainer" try's to kill me every Tueday and Thursday but you know what they say, "If it doesn't kill you, it will make you well." (Well, maybe that's not it.) Still learning on the eating thing. Have it down to not eat late. Also have done well, (well, let me make that better), with a bigger pillow. I wake up about 3 with my neck hurting, change to my regular pillow and sleep like a baby for the rest of the night. Still have my feeding tube. Am cutting down on how much I intake each day and it I maintain my weight without it, then out it comes. Time will tell on that. Have had the opportunity to share the fact that a rubber plug, from a hardware store, is much more comfortable to "wear around" each day than the valve that's furnished with a feeding tube. Lynda is as happy as I've seen her in 9 months and obviously that makes me happier than I've been in that stretch of time, also. I still am in awe of the power of prayer and what God has chosen for me at this time. (Notice, I'm not assuming any more "time on earth" but am enjoying what I have each day from a different viewpoint.) He has a plan for me so I'm "keeping my eyes peeled" for that task or tasks. God is good.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Leighton and Lynda, One thing you have done through this trial is to witness to your faith in God. Thanks for sharing your fears and your faith. May you both have many more years to inspire your old and new friends.

    Much love from one of the "old" friends, Grace

    ReplyDelete