Monday, December 13, 2010

What cancer and sickness cannot do......

It cannot cripple LOVE,

It cannot shatter HOPE,

It cannot corrode FAITH

It cannot destroy PEACE

It cannot kill FRIENDSHIP

It cannot suppress MEMORIES

It cannot silence COURAGE

It cannot invade THE SOUL

It cannot conquer THE SPIRIT

It cannot steal ETERNAL LIFE

from the Senior Times, Montreal

I was swinging very low until I read this in my doctor's office. I needed it!
All has been going well it's just that I had not looking at the glass being 3/4 full. I was bound up in the 1/4 empty (so I was thinking) but after reading the above 10 times, life is good!

1 comment:

  1. Dear friend, there have got to be those down days, and don't beat up on yourself when they happen. I loved the affirmation you found and shared from the Senior Times, Montreal. We could substitute any problem we have, and the words would still be true.

    We are not "people without hope" when we have faith, family and friends. You have all three in abundance, so be of "good cheer" this Christmas despite that damn cancer.

    Yeah, I can hear you thinking, "Easy for you to say, but you are not in my shoes." True, but I remember telling our oldest son, Paul, when he was ill that hope is cheap and is always a good response to difficulty.

    My prayer for you both, Leighton and Lynda: To have a joyous, peaceful Christmas and to receive a sleigh full of hope.
    Love, Grace

    ReplyDelete