Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Today I start my last round of chemo, that is scheduled. I will then get a scan sometime early 2011 to asses the success of the treatment. We do know there has been progress because my "twist" disappeared and I'm now able to eat. It's been wonderful to get to the point that I can begin to taste foods again. I know that the chemo will modify that again but just knowing it will come back, again, in about a month is encouraging. I was feeling so good that I began to say, "Come the first of the year I'm going to begin my new life!", which would assume that I would be cancer free and I would have all this behind me. But, I realized that I was predetermining what the Lord had in store for me and I realized that my job was to just wait for the scan and see what He had in store for me.
I have gained a little weight and am up to 140. Of course, I had all my pants taken up, so they wouldn't fall off, and now they are a bit tight. I do know that Jan. 1, feeling as good as I do now, I'll start back working out. Another thing that's going to be fun is to begin cutting back on the cans of food that go thru my feeding tube and maintain my weight and strength. I realize it's all in my hands (and God's) as to how that goes. Right now I'm looking forward to Christmas. Will be in New Mexico with all my family. What a blessing. I'm still amazed at people who say they are amazed with me, in how I've fought this disease and I think to myself, "How can you not fight?" but then I know that sometimes you can give up, and I want to cry for those who do. Life is wonderful. Lynda is wonderful. My family is wonderful. My caring friends are wonderful. And God is wonderful. And I've said many times, without the prayers that have held me up and Lynda, I would not be here, but here I am. Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Your beautiful faithful and fighting spirit gives me courage to face the relatively minor issues in my life. I believe that your example will be a model for me if I ever face such a serious illness as yours. Would I wish this role on you? No way! But by sharing your difficult journey, we all are joined in love.

    I lift you up in my prayers and my healing thoughts, and give thanks for you and Lynda.

    Enjoy Christmas in NM. We were there over Thanksgiving, but plan to stay put during Christmas because there are church services to attend and hymns to sing as a choir member.

    Love and kisses, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank your for having the half full as your guide. You are the love of my life and I am looking forward to better days with out chemo.
    I love you, honey,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete