Sunday, November 7, 2010

Some monumental days have passed. First, 11-4-10. One year aniversery of having my surgery! What a journey. Second, last night I went without activating my feeding tube. Which means I've been eating more! Great milestones for me.
Don't ask me how the tube in my gut got "untwisted." Even the doctors are unsure, (Lord's work, don't you know.), but I've been able to eat and keep stuff down.
OK, let's take if from about three weeks ago. I had been feeling pretty good and able to eat a little bit. Went to the doc to set up my next chemo and it turned out that my white blood cells were down so I got a week reprieve. That week turned out great. Got more energy and was able to eat "almost" meals that tasted great.
An aside here. I'm not hungery so I eat because it's "time to eat" and thank God I've got my tastes back so food tastes good, again.
With the strength that I gained I handled my fifth chemo fine. Unhooked yesterday from the 5FU and really had no major problems last week. Today, I'm getting a bit of sore throat but that's to be expected. The fantastic news is that I only have one more round of it and then they do a scan to see the results. With the way I'm feeling I believe it's going to be great.
Please continue to hold up my cancer journey warriors, Jimmy D, Judy W, Gary C and Melissa C. Cancer ain't for sissies!
Caregiver Lynda is my rock. God is Good.

2 comments:

  1. This latest post just made me smile as well as the e-mail note from Lynda tonight! Yes, we fans who care do worry when we don't see you writing anything, but have learned that often it just may be you're too busy doing good works when you're up to it! You amaze me with your energy, attitude, determination & good will in this journey of your life, Leighton! And, as I wrote earlier - you're truly an inspiration & living proof that there is power in prayer. You can count on those prayers to continue from so many of us who are wishing you well, dear friend.
    Hugs! Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish everyone could see you now. Who was that handsome guy across the table at dinner Saturday. I love you!

    ReplyDelete