Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dang! I've been remiss in keeping up my end of the bargain! Letting you know how I'm doing. Well --- well, is how it's going right now. Last round of chemo didn't take me into the chemo hole as far as usual but it took longer to come out! Last Monday, went to my (round four of six) chemo doc and he told me my white blood count was not high enough for me have it. Mixed emotions. Sooner I get all this chemo over the sooner I find out "where I am" in the grand scheme of things, but I was tired on Monday and we have a full week of work (Thank You Lord) so it really worked out well. Am eating three times a day, not much, but some. Lynda could not be better! Need to add another cancer pal, for prayer. Melissa C, along with Jimmy D and Gary C. Love you all! God is Good!

1 comment:

  1. When you don't post for a while, I have two differing reactions. One, that you are too sick from the chemo to want to sit down and compose a "ramble." Second, that you are doing well, and simply too busy living life with your beloved Lynda, family and friends, to take time out to post. So, I am glad to learn that you are indeed busy, eating regularly, if not in large amounts. I know you are anxious to get this round of chemo behind you, but you did get a respite which you probably needed. I think I will try to remain on the optimistic side when there is a lag between postings.

    Sorry for the additional name to your list of cancer pals. I have a new name myself, Barbara, a teacher friend who has brain cancer, the same type Senator Kennedy had. It is time, way past time, to get the stem cell research going to find a cure for some of these cancers. (See me, standing on my soap box!)

    Prayers for Barbara, Melissa, Jimmy, Gary and of course, you dear Leighton.

    Love and kisses, Grace

    ReplyDelete