Saturday, October 9, 2010

Who would have ever thought I would have posted 100 entries on my Blog? Not me, for sure!
Just finished, today, my fourth chemo on this last batch. Only two more sessions to go, Lord be willing!
Lost a great and long time friend this week. Donald Moreland from Levelland. I don't remember we not be knocking heads, all my life. In church together, R. A.'s, shuck, we were probably baptistized at the same time. Lung cancer got him. He had never smoked and neither did his wife or his parents. Some things you can't figure. Don lived a blessed life. Surrender his life to Christ early on, taught school a coupla years and then got into what the Lord had planned for him all along, church work. If only we all could say when we pass, "We did what the Lord wanted." Well, Don did.
You all have been praying, also, for Jimmy D and Gary C. Want to report that they are both doing well. Not cancer free but able to do the things that six months ago they couldn't. I'm feeling well, right now, but the next five days are supposed to "rag" on me. Time will tell. Still eating, some, 3 times a day. Not enough to pull my feeding tube but food is tasting better.
Love you all and Lynda is doing great!

1 comment:

  1. Some how I missed reading this posting. What a nice tribute to a great friend we had in common, Donald Moreland. I attended his memorial, along with about ten or more of our classmates. Such a fitting tribute to a life well lived.

    Too many of the good ones are exiting this life, but whatever the after life holds, I know it is filled with family and friends, in their spiritual "bodies." As my son who spends his life in Asia and follows the teachings of the Buddha tells me, they are all in the "safe place." God bless them all and you, dear friend.

    Love, Grace

    ReplyDelete