Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2011 has worked out to be a good year! No more chemo for now. I am just on Herseption (not spelled correctly) which is a drug mostly used to treat breast cancer. My cancer showed the same "markers" so we will see, in about 3 months, how it's doing. I get the drug every 3 weeks and I will probably be scanned after about 6 treatments. Good thing there are no side effects! All is well with my care giver, Lynda, and she continues to keep me on the "straight and narrow." And God keeps giving me the strength to weather all these storms so what more could I ask for except, prayers? You Prayer Warriors that have held me up all these months I ask that you don't quit now. You know that me and my cancer pals rely on your communications with the Lord! Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. What good news! No more chemo for now, and the drug you will be taking has no awful side effects, so that is all positive.

    Not to worry about your friends' lifting up your name in prayer. It is habit by now to say "Leighton and Lynda" every time we speak to our God.

    Blessing and peace be upon you both through this New Year.

    Love and kisses, of course, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great report for you, Leighton & a Happy New Year for you & Lynda! May your strength return & your health continue to improve each day - along with the bright spirit you've managed to inspire us with as we've traveled this journey with you! Thank you for keeping us updated with reports all along & for often bringing a bit of cheer to others while you've faced the challenge of your life. As one of the many friends & fans pulling for you, I'll continue to watch & send healing prayers your way!!!
    Love & Hugs to you both,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete