Friday, February 4, 2011

January went great. Am now able to eat three meals a day. (Sometimes four). Food is tasting like it used to, in most cases. Taste buds decide what they are going to accept and they are the final decision maker. Have found that once they "reaccept" a food they don't "take it back." But, it still does not keep me from being a little spooked when I put something in my mouth that hasn't been there in a long time. Vegetables are now my pride and joy. Now I have to watch and not eat too much. My FPU (food processing unit) will "speak to me" if I do. Three quarters of a full meal is great for me. Oh yeah, if I eat too much my FPU processes it very quickly and lets me know. Went to two docs last week and they both liked my progress and are suggesting that I cut back on my feeding tube "meals" and see if my weight remains constant. I'm now at about 140 and that's a good weight for me so I weight morning and night and make sure that I'm at least 140. Took a coupla days off and I ate a little more and I did good. That was practice for when I go to Nashville on the 11th to spend two days with my granddaughter. It's Dad's day at Vanderbilt and her Dad will be in Europe and I get to be the stand in. What a blessing. After I get back I'm going to try four days and see if I can eat enough to hold my weight.
Need to add a name to our pray list. Ben. 35 years old and has just discovered he has multiple cancers. Married with children. He will take a miracle and I ask that you pray for it. Oh yeah, Lynda could not be happier with my progress and guess what? If Mama's happy then everybody is happy. Please pray for Ben.

2 comments:

  1. I am encouraged by your lack of postings because that means you are thinking less of cancer and more of living. All the eating issues seem to be improving. Thanks be to God!

    Ben makes the prayer list, for sure. How sad to be so young facing such challenges.

    Love and kisses to you and Lynda. Safe travel to Nashville. Always, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for all of us!!!
    See you Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete