Monday, February 14, 2011

Did not spend time in Nashville, this last weekend, as planned. Was going to be there with two of my granddaughters and with one for Dad's Day at Vanderbilt. Ended up seeing them in Hot Springs, AR, for the funeral of their other grandfather, John Wilcox. He was great guy and I will miss him. Lynda and I spent time with his wife, Audrey, and all their children, 4, grandchildren, 11, and great grandchildren, 8. Was a great celebration of a life well lived. Left an amazing legacy.
My life has been fantastic since Jan. 1. Eating well and maintaining weight. Am in the process of weaning myself off my feeding tube, even as we speak. As long as I weight over 140, both in the AM and the PM, I "abstain" from the feeding formula. Makes me think about eating the right amount at the right time. Next time I see the doc, Feb. 22, the question will be: "Anymore chemo in the foreseeable future for me?" If the answer is no, then out comes the tube, I get a stitch and the world opens up for me.
Rest assured that I would not be where I am without all the prayer and support from all my loved ones, friends I know and ones I've never met. And, of course, caregiver Lynda. Each day I get instructions on how to get to tomorrow and they have all worked so far. Near as I can count, that's approximately 500 plus days so I'm not stopping listening now!
Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry about the death of the other grandfather, John Wilcox. Sounds like his was a life well lived.

    My heart sings when I read about your continuing progress. I hope that you can say "adios" to the feeding tube soon. Now I know the "magic" ingredient to your recovery--having Lynda give you marching orders on a daily basis. Is she available for rent? I know a number of folks who could use her brand of love, encouragement, prodding, and whatever else she does so well. Guess you cannot spare her . . . yet!

    Blessings on you both. Love, Grace

    ReplyDelete