Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I received an email from a long time friend who said, "You, obviously, must be doing better because you haven't updated your blog lately."
I am proud to report that she was right, and I apoligize for not, at least, let you share in this last three weeks journey as I fought thru my worst fears as I had lost about five pounds. It, now, seems that I "worryed" myself into that little problem, but now I plan on solving it.
Last Monday I went for a CAT Scan. First one I've had since December 21. The results came back today. "No new involvement. Situation in my body is stable". Second best result I could expect, with number 1 being, "Cancer Free" but the Lord is saving that for sometime down the road. Now, don't think I'm "foreshadowing" what I would like for Him to do, it's just fact. I will be cancer free someday, either way!
Plan on running a 5 K on Saturday. Also will have my two youngest grandchildren with me to run a 1 K. Claire, 9, and Clay, 6, are involved in Track so I'm sure they will outrun their Granddad, and that's OK.
Please add another name to your prayer list. A buddy of mine, Eric, just found out he's has cancer and it's "off to the races" with him to fight this junk!
Lynda, after she quit jumping up and down, is doing well. I swear all this stuff is harder on her than it is on me, but the plus side on that is that she is more joyous with the good news. Makes my heart proud.
As I've said many times, without all your prayers and the help of a good woman, (Lynda), I'd been dead a long time ago.
Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Your "good woman" wants you to know how proud I am of you. You has never said "calf rope or uncle" but just kept looking to the future. In our darkest times you really have been my rock and I love you so much. No one I know has the faith that you have and you really inspire me to look beyond today. You are the light of my life and that light burns brighter each day. Love you, Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news, indeed. Oh so many would like to lose 5 pounds, but certainly not you or most of those doing battle with cancer. You are a blessed man to have Lynda along with a large, loving family. As for the cancer, if you believe, I will also. So far you have beat the odds, and your positive attitude, good doctors, supportive family and loads of friends' prayers have prevailed.

    Run, run, run, dear friend; the will to do the act is more important than the pace!

    Peace and love, Grace

    ReplyDelete