Tuesday, July 19, 2011

So, is there a valid reason for my not updating my Blog in almost a month? No! It just seems that I've reached a "plateau" in my healing process. About a month ago my gut, (not my stomach, which is behind my breast bone now), starting cramping ever time I ate. And the only way I could get "away" from the feeling was to sit down and go to sleep for an hour. Obviously I didn't look forward to eating so consequently I didn't eat right and lost some weight. Not good for someone has to struggle to gain a pound. Went to the doc that does scopes from the top down and he didn't find any problems that jumped out at him, but he gave me a pill that helps my gut (colon, stomach) move the food on down thru it's channel. However, it seems that sometimes after I eat a "sense of tiredness" seems to sweep over me and again I have to take a nap. I've kept thinking I would work thru this phase but it hasn't happened, yet, but it will. Along with this one of my vocal cords decided to stop working and I now talk in three seconds bursts. Still about to communicate but it's a "drag" for me and those who try to understand me. But, help is in sight. Tomorrow, one my brother's colleagues, Doctor Peter J, will inject some collegian into it and I should be able to talk somewhat better. Would, of course, appreciate your prayers.
This AM I had another scan to see exactly how the cancer is doing since the last one I had three months ago. Should know something about that in a coupla days and I promise I will let you know. Did take a few days off last week and visited Arlington, VA, to see my #1 granddaughter's "new" (1930's bungalow) home that she and her husband had spent the last three of four months renovating it. They had a great open house and just less than 100 people showed up. Was great getting out of town.
Oh yeah, keep my caregiver in your prayers also, she goes for a "collonostomey" (not spelled right and SPELLCHECK wont help). Latest prayer list includes, Jimmy D, Jim W, Pam P, (and a new "cancer pal") Dan S, Eric A and another new guy Bob M. That's all folks, for today!

1 comment:

  1. Who would have thought that such a routine thing as eating could become so complicated tedious. I wish it weren't so, my dear friend.

    Read through DOC that the treatment on your vocal cord improved things a bit. I cannot image a Leighton without a voice, but you will always be a communicator, by hook or by crook!

    Love ya both, Grace

    ReplyDelete