Monday, June 21, 2010

Well, here it is, June 21, and finally I'm coming to my senses and writing again. Part of the reason I haven't is that I lost my good pal, Tommy, to cancer. Kinda knocks the wind out of your sails. Then I went thru a time that I had the energy of a sloth. Up in the AM, grab a book and start reading and read and sleep all day and then go to bed. My head was on backwards. Plus, I knew I was going to do another PET scan and I was having some doubts. Wanted that chemo port out so I could began to prepare to go to DC in July (for a couples shower) and August (for the wedding).
Well, the scan was done and it turns out I have some "marbling" of cancer in some of my nodes. The port stays in. Bah Humbug! Well, as my chemo doc and I discussed, Round 2 coming up. He told me that of course cancer is life threatening (duh) but this stuff I have now (which he really expected when they did a scan two months ago) is just going to take some more chemo to knock it down. We will putting together a plan this week but he also told me, "Don't worry, you'll be going to the wedding."
Love you all and I'm glad I've finally (partially) "got it together."
Don't know what God has in store for me but I'm His boy and we're moving on down the trail together. But, I haven't started on my "Bucket List" yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment