Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Every time I look at my "skinny" picture it makes me grateful how far I've come. Now weigh 10 pounds more that I did then.
Well, I'm four months and two weeks into having a Food Processing Unit instead of a stomach. I'm still eating 4 meals a day (should be 5) and food tastes "sorta" good. Doesn't taste bad but don't ask where I want to go out to eat because it doesn't make any difference. I'm going to eat a half a potion, because I know that I must. Kind of a drag but l'm adjusting!
Had a funny thing happen a coupla weeks ago. Somehow I lost my valve that connects my feeding tube to the sack that has my "instant meal" in it. Searched the house to no avail. Started checking phamacies and medical supply houses. Finally found a week later. Hey, I survived a week without my "nightly feedings." Me weight did not seem to flucuate but I did find I started each day with less energy and finished less. But, I got everything done each day that I wanted to do. You just do what you have to do. Still have some fluid in the upper part of my right lung. Docs keep saying, "It should just clear itself out with time." Hmmm, I sure would like a method I could do it myself or a "projected date." Get to go back for another check in a coupla weeks, to see if I've developed any "hot spots" since my "clear" reading. Please keep me in your prayers and my two buddies Tommy T and Jimmy D who I'm sharing this journey down Cancer Road with.
Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed this "ramble" until today. Tom and I were in Albuquerque for a wedding for a few days.

    Strange that eating has become, for you, more of a chore than a pleasure. When you speak of the process of ingesting food, it sounds like an ongoing plumbing project. And yeah, I bet you DO get done what you want to do because you are Leighton, strong willed and determined. Hard to keep a good man down!

    Cancer is definitely a big bump or pot hole for anyone who is on that road, and you, Tommy T, Jimmy D. and others I know, like Donald Moreland in Levelland, remain in my heart and in my prayers as you all journey on in hope and faith. We are with you in spirit.

    Love to you and Lynda, Grace

    ReplyDelete