Monday, March 29, 2010

Well, tomorrow is the big day. Hurdle #2, my next chemo doc appointment. I feel it will go well. All systems seem to be going well. Biggest challenge is wanting to eat, which just doesn't happen. I do have my taste buds back and food tastes like it did but it just doesn't "summon" me like it used to. I find myself eating only because I know I have to. Just like putting gas in a car. No fuel, no go. And, when I do, my FPU "asks" me why I put it in there. Double Whammy. Even with all that I'm feeling well enough to work and play. Even as I write I'm in Las Vegas after just having finished an inventory here, yesterday. But, let me tell you, I've got some rest while I was here --- easy job. Still keep my buddies Tommy T and Jimmy D in your prayers. More to follow after tomorrow's appointment.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck tomorrow with the chemo doctor. As for eating becoming a chore instead of a pleasure, well guess you will have to put up with that while the rest of us try to restrain our overeating tendencies. For me, my food struggle is mainly about sweets, particularly chocolate candy. I vowed last week to think of chocolate as "poison" and see if I could muster up some will power when Snickers or Dark Milky Ways are two for a dollar. So far, no poison ingested!

    What is Vegas like? I have never been except to pass through the airport returning from Portland. I have two dear cousins who live there, and I may actually visit them in Sin City this coming year. Folks tell me everyone need to see IT at least once. Really, I think I prefer the NM Las Vegas!

    Prayers are with the three of you, and I lite a candle at church for all of you battling cancer, including my Levelland pal, Donald Moreland.

    Peace and love this Holy Week, Grace

    ReplyDelete