Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Great news! Had a PET Scan done last Friday. Went to the chemo doc today and he advised that only a small area showed a hint of what could be cancer. Is that an answer to prayer or what? His thought was to check back in three of four weeks to see if it had changed and then think about some more chemo if it indicated any type of growth. What a relief --- for now.
Just getting to where I can eat some food. Had half of a Quarter Pounder with Cheese at lunch yesterday, half of a chili cheeseburger yesterday afternoon and three quarters of a Subway BMT for lunch today. More total food than I have eaten in any week, for the last two months. I know it's all fast food but I have to keep experimenting just to see.
Continuing with my "workouts" (if that's what one would call them) and my strength and energy level keeps "inching" up. Did a mile in 18:02 today.
And guess what? All of this is making Lynda extremely happy. This will mean that we can go out with all our pals again --- to eat! Chemo doc said I was doing exceptionally well. I loved that.
Gone again. Love you all. And thanks to all of you for your prayers because they are paying off. Please keep praying for my pal Tommy T.

3 comments:

  1. See! I've been saying it all along. McDonald's is GOOD for the body. Thanks for reinforcing my cheeseburger convictions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, fast food IS good for something if you can eat it and gain weight and strength. Your indominable spirit and Lynda's love is an uplifting example for all of us, your congregation of old friends who are praying and cheering you on. Ditto to your friend, Tommy T.

    The merriest of Christmases to both of you and to your extended family. I will give a shout out to Tres Ritos when we travel to Taos on the 23rd to spend Christmas with our family there.

    Love, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Nina B. would give me bad marks for subject/verb agreement and spelling. Make that: Your indomitable spirit and Lynda's love are uplifting examples... Oh well, the sentiment remains the same, grammatically correct or not.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete