Monday, January 25, 2010

Today, had my endoscope. The doc told me everything looked good and, as far as he could tell, he didn't "see" any cancer. He did take some biopseys and that will tell the "real story." Will meet with the chemo doc on Feb 2 and he will give me the results. Mr. 2/3 and I are still learning how to live with each other!
On a more somber note, I lost a childhood buddy this last week. He had fallen about a year ago and hit his head and at various times had balance problems. Two months ago the docs put in a shunt. Last week, his wife had pneumonia, went to the hospital and the next day tried to contact him from there. No answer. A neighbor found him. He had fallen again, hit his head in the area of the shunt which moved his brain and he was unconscious. Life support keep him on earth until his kids and grandkids got to Lubbock. He passed away last Wednesday.
Since I have been on my "cancer journey" Ron has called to check on me every week. Again reminds me how fragile life is. I always had to ask him how he was doing because he never brought it up. Makes me realize how I've been almost totally concentrated on myself during my journey and how I've not reached out to those who are hurting. I'm not the only one traveling thru challenging times.

1 comment:

  1. Blessings on Ron's soul and may God give peace and comfort to his family. And blessings to you, dear Leighton, for being such a good friend to "oh so many" old LHS exes.

    Our numbers are, indeed, shrinking, but our hearts are filled with love and our heads stuffed with warm memories.

    Hope all the other tests continue to have positive results . . . or should I say, negative? Well, you know what I mean, cancer free

    Love, Grace

    ReplyDelete