Saturday, August 7, 2010

Julia had a wonderful service. No way I could even begin to describe it. Just let me tell you, she will be remembered.
Preparation for the wedding trip "plunges" on! I started my second round of chemo on Aug. 4. (One chemo out of three. Will start the other two after I get back from the wedding.) Aug. 5 was a drag but everyday since then has been good. Mixing and matching extra feeding tube food and 5 hour energy drink, to find the perfect formula for next weekend. What a blast it will be. I may have told you that Erin and Lynn asked me to say the "blessing prayer" at the end of the service. I now have it written and will share it with you after "the deed is done."
Still looks like I will have to have a "by-pass" done in my gut. Occasionally I try to eat something but the "twist" is still there. But, that's to faced after this week after next. Thanks for your prayers and love.
One of these days I will share with my thoughts on "when you roll yourself right off the table." But, that's another day. The Lord continues to be good to Lynda and I. Sometimes He has to give her some extra blessing because I sometimes don't "think before I speak." Please continue to remember Jimmy D. Challenging times.

1 comment:

  1. I will be thinking of you and Lynda as you make the trip to Erin and Lynn's wedding. How fortunate to have you there to bless their union. Hope you make the trip without undue fatigue.

    Glad you made it to Julia's memorial service. Yes, she will be remembered by me after all these years has passed since our paths crossed.

    Peace and strength on your upcoming trip. Grace

    ReplyDelete