Sunday, August 1, 2010

My great friend, Julia "Red" Terry Wakeley, had a massive stroke last week. Our lives have been intertwined since high school. Her family have decided to lift life support systems this afternoon. She has always beat expectations so I'm waiting for a coupla days before telling you about our lives.
The dilation I had last week. Seems the doc was able to expand one area but he also found a "twist" in my gut, further on down! Now there are five docs, including my brother, trying to figure out the next step. Out of all that has been suggested the one that sounds the best (to me) is to do a "by pass" around the twist. Please continue to pray for their guidance from the Lord. Also, continue to pray for all the other soldiers that are marching me in this journey. And, Ms. Lynda!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pops, We're thinking of you/praying for you, and we know you're gonna be dancing at that wedding August 14! Stay strong, and keep picking A, A, and A. We love you, Ann & John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got back from Washington, D.C., yesterday, so checking in on your ramblings.

    I remember Julia Terry Wakeley fondly from our high school years, but you were fortunate to have kept in touch. Her soul and vibrant spirit resides safely with God. Our loss; her gain.

    Sorry about your version of "the twist." Maybe explains why you have had so many problems with eating and other stuff. Keep on hanging in there with the "flock," "gaggle," "herd," or whatever is the correct terminology for a bunch of doctors. Hope they find a remedy to your problem and can by-pass that twist.

    I pray that you and your rock, Lynda, are still going to make it to the D.C. wedding.

    Love, Grace

    ReplyDelete