Friday, August 20, 2010

We've got past Thursday and the barbeque. Now, to Friday. That morning my son in law had planned a skeet shooting outing for the guys. About 25 went but I declined and you will see why later because I only had so much engery to use that day. While the guys were out shooting all the girls were at the bridesmaid luncheon. (I dropped a load off at 11:30 and promptly got lost and it took me 45 minutes to get back to the hotel. Had my daughter and her two children waiting on me so I was a bit rattled, don't you know.) They stayed with me until their dad got back home and then I dressed for the 4 oclock wedding rehearsal. Had the rehearsal and then off to the rehearsal dinner, 7 PM. After that my daughter had planned a party for all the out of town guests, back at the hotel (Dupont Hotel in DC) and I abandoned that about 11. Enough of good thing is enough.
Saturday morning we rested for the wedding. 3 PM, the guys loaded into a limo and went to my son in law's country club to leave the girls the hotel to dress. We put on our tuxs and were at the church at 4. At 5 the wedding took place. About 350 guests and was it beautiful. My future grand son in law started crying as soon as the door opened, and so did I. Wedding went perfect and, per the bride request, I prayed the family blessing after they said "I do". (If you want to see the pictures got to my facebook page and click on Angie's Photos-Wedding).
After the wedding all the guests were tranported back to the country club for the celebartion party and was it great. Erin, my granddaughter that was just married, sang two songs with the band and did a great job. Lynda and I punched out about 12, two happy campers.
Sunday morning, the "going away brunch" and then back to the hotel to rest, rest and rest. Monday morning to the airplane and slept all the way home, and finished up our rest on Tuesday. What a wonderful time.
Then chemo on Wednesday. Back to killing the cancer, hooray!
This round is not as bad, so far, as the last time. I know I was scared of the unknown the first time but this time I have an idea of what's coming. So far, less energy and a bit of nausea. But Ms Lynda is right there by my side at all times. Prayer is all around me so I'm in the best of hands. Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Leighton you were so great in Virginia. Your blessing prayer was perfect and so was the delivery. I know you Mom was looking down and saying "You done good" and I echo that too.
    Love ya, me

    ReplyDelete