Friday, August 27, 2010

My last chemo, which started August 18 (for four days) was so much better on me "during" than last time. When I finished my thought was, "That wasn't bad at all." And then a day later, BOOM, --- now it's working and killing the cancer --- got to be because I feel like it's killing me. Next day a little "lower" and then I started coming "back out." Mouth was sore as was my tounge and throat. Didn't want to talk! Slight nausea all the way, don't you know. But today, I'm feeling so much better. Not gonna push myself but right now I'm on top of the world. (Relatively speaking)
Tried to eat something the last coupla day, mostly soup. Day before yesterday it worked pretty well, but yesterday I "went out to eat" and had some broccoli cheese soup that had something in it that didn't set well with my FPC. Paid for that --- all night long, so, so much for that. Have an appointment with a surgeon next Monday and we are going to talk about a "bypass" around that "twist in my gut" that doesn't let food down. More on that later. Lynda is still right on my shoulder and it sure feels great having her! I'm still thanking God for allowing me the privilege to go to the wedding. Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. You continue to amaze me and all your friends with your courage and candor. We would not wish this chemo on anyone, but selfishly we all want to see and hear more from you for a very long time.

    Hang in there, dear Leighton, and take strength from your beloved Lynda, your great family, your doctors, and your posse of friends who pray for you daily.

    One of the posse, Grace

    ReplyDelete