Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Laugh or Cry, Fight or Die and Victor or Victim? (New addition) And, still I choose A, A and A. The last few days I've been dragging around the house like I was B on # 3 but now I've kicked that.
OK, here's the update on my latest round of chemo --- and of course the dilation. Started this latest round of chemo on July 14 and I've been checking each day to see how I will feel if I "take another shot" on August 4, and how I will feel thirteen days later at the wedding. Still don't know what I will choose since the chemo laid me lower than a whale's belly for awhile. All my skin on my face and head felt like it was burned from the inside. My tongue got sores all over it and for about five days I felt like the electronic mat that the runners in the New York Marathon run over to validate their time for the race. But, now that's passed. Victor, that's where I am!
About the dilation. Went well. Opened my up from a 4 to a 10. Two and half times. Next day had a vanilla shake. Opps, would not go thru. Most likely it looks like something is pressing against the area that allows food to go from my FPU on into my intestine. Guess we will do another sonogram, I hope. Did learn something that I hope will help the docs. Seems I have a lot of hiccups. And let me tell you, you can't rest or sleep with them, but as luck would have it, I've found out how to "arrest" them. Here's the procedure. I go to bed, no hiccups. About an hour later I wake up, no hiccups but I know they are coming. Swing my leg out of bed and there they are. Off to the sink. I wash my mouth out with water with a coupla swigs, and spit it out. (This is, of course, after I've set on the potty. First things first!) Then I take seven "Gideon" sups of water, and swallow them --- slowly. Within a minute it all comes back up with whatever is coating my eshpgaus, and guess what? Nine out of ten times the hiccups are gone. Wow is all I can say. I just repeat, if they don't go, and then they do. Boy have I got more rest. Off to the chemo doc tomorrow and I guess we will start making some decisions. I will feel good for my granddaughter's wedding on the 14th of August. The Lord reveals what He wants you to know each day. You can either have your head down and miss His revelations or your head up and see the way. Today my head is up. Oh yes, while your praying for me, include Ms Lynda (which I already know you do) but she's my rock and I love her for it.

1 comment:

  1. Leighton, dear, hope you had a good 75th birthday in spite of all medical issues which you have to face daily. I sent a card to your home address. Hope the U.S. mails got the delivery through.

    Chemo sounds real tough, but if that cocktail will kill the cancer WITHOUT killing you, then stick with it.

    Wonder if you could patent that cure for hiccups? But what the heck is a "Giddeon" sup of water?

    I notice you posted at 3:42 a.m. today. Wish I were closer so we could sit and chat the night away, as I am still a night owl when my body is not overly tired.

    Oh, how I pray that this "thorn in the flesh" will pass for you, and this I do believe: God is Your Constant, your family and friends love you, Lynda is, indeed, Your Rock, and your landing will be in a SAFE place, hopefully in this earthly existence for some years to come, cancer free. But SAFE, whatever.

    Heads up! Love, Grace

    ReplyDelete