Monday, July 12, 2010

As you can see, "I sometimes digress." I really set up this Blog to be able to create a chronology of my journey. Mainly so my wonderful friends could stay abreast of my "progress" and my wonderful new friends, that have the same problem could at least have an idea what I'm going thru so, perhaps, they would not be caught unawares when some of this stuff jumps on their back. And, yes, sometimes "I digress" adding things that are happening in my life to show that once you "get" cancer, it's not the end of the world. We are not "cancer victims" we are people with cancer. Having said all that, here is today's post.
About three weeks ago I began to get up every morning and when I would reach down to pick up the newspapers I would reguratate, only one mouthful, of what ever the last thing I had eaten the night before. Since I was taking pills to remedy part of that, I would wait until I "picked up the papers" before I ate my oatmeal, took my pills and sometimes an egg --- then would move on thru the day. "It" began to happen after every meal and every time I drank anything. Well, that's sure not a good way to add weight or even have sufficent energy to do anything during the day. Got that info to my docs. Added a drug called Reglan. Supposed to "begin to solve" the problem after about a week. Right now I'm in my 5th day of taking it. It's a trick keeping it down. Imagine, if you can, how much "fun" it is thinking about eating when you know what's going to happen if you do! I've counteracted the loss of nutrients by doing a coupla more Isosource thru my feeding tube. Who knows, next week I may be eating! But, as I've tried to say, you can't quit living --- or you're gone! Right now I'm at my #2 daughter's beach house in Rehobath Beach, Maryland. Lynda and I came up for a "couples shower" that took place on Saturday night. We got up here on Friday and my son in law took me to see the Washington National's play and I saw Strasburg pitch. Great new pitcher. Allowed 3 hits, 1 run and had 7 stickeouts in 7 innnings. Like I like to say, I have the energy level of a Sloth but I just keep on going! But then again, I digress.
I can't thank all of you enough for your prayers. Do keep praying for Lynda because without her I would be lost.
The Lord keeps giving me these marks to reach for. July 25 I get to celebrate my 3/4 of a century birthday and then, of course, my granddaughter's wedding August 14. Lynda and I are going to New Mexico sometime in August and then we have two big jobs moving parts departments, one in July and the other in September. God is Good!
Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. To one the best persons I know "living" with cancer!

    Your life is full of adventure, some I envy, some I don't. This food thing must be a drag, but like the Energizer Bunny, you just keep on going and going. Your guardian angel must get exhausted!

    Cheers to you and Lynda, Grace

    ReplyDelete