Thursday, July 8, 2010

The reality of what's ahead finally settled in, so away we go.
I have received so many wonderful messages of support and prayers, but Lynda has received many that has really helped her. The Lord has given all of you to us and I just keep thanking Him.
I'm feeling pretty doggone good and am looking forward to being with the part of my family that's in DC. Of course I will report on how they are doing.
Had a visit with my journey pal Gary C in, would you believe, in the doc's office. Gary is 50 and we met because he had the same cancer, treatment and surgery that I had, so we have a bond. Was visiting with his Mom and Dad the other day and they commented that he was in a band, and really had been playing with these guys since he was in high school. She pulled out a magazine that had their pictures in it. Boom, I knew most all of them. They were all friends of the son of one our best friends 30 years ago. For some reason I never meet Gary then. The Lord moves in mysterious ways doesn't He?
Just got word that Dock and Patti will be coming by to see me and by then I will have my "pack on my back."
Oh, is Life Good.

Isaiah 43:2 “When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up….for I am the Lord, your God, and I am with you always.”

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, dear friend, for the "sermon" of a life lived in faith in the face of continued adversity. Indeed, life is good and a gift.
    You and Lynda are a gift to me and to so many other friends and readers of your blog.

    We pray for you and your body to have the strength to soldier on toward recovery.

    Always, in love, Grace

    ReplyDelete