Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Now is time for Round 2. July 14. Start a four session of chemo to "hold in check" some cancer cells found in my omentum. (That's a cheesecloth type covering that covers the lower intestine.) Last time I did chemo in the office for about 4 hours once a week. This time I get a pack of chemo that I carry with me for four days. Depending on how I "tolerate" the treatment there will then be a three of four week gap on when the next one is. Right now, scheduled for 4 sessions.
I have worked with the doc and I will be at Erin's wedding, in good shape. We will actually start on the second treatment, most likely, after I return.
The Lord is Good.

1 comment:

  1. Leighton, You are providing us a medical "education" about the treatment of cancer. How I wish you didn't have to, but your sharing of your journey to recovery is meaningful to us who are sharing it via the Internet.

    Hope the chemo by pack is not to difficult to tolerate.

    Cheers and prayers to you and Linda. Grace

    ReplyDelete