Friday, July 23, 2010

Yesterday I got "dilated." I haven't been able to get anything down my "gullet" so they just opened it up. Needless to say, I've got a sore throat today. But, hey, I'm going to get to eat I hope. Turns out Dr. N discovered I had a coupla ulcers, go figger! I will tell you that chemo dries you out and when you're not taking in any water it's tough. But, all in all, I feel slightly better each day. Or should I say, I feel better longer each day. When I crater I crater! More to follow after I eat!
Oh yeah, I finally came to the conclusion that I had been asking God to keep me around without me telling Him why. Seems about 60 years ago I did dedicate my life to doing more than I was doing. My buddy Ray Quiett went on to preach as did Don Moreland, and I just kinda hung back. Over the years I been a pretty good guy but I sure haven't lived up to what I promised long ago, so, who knows, this could be the way of the Lord getting my attention. This is to let you know that when I come out the other side of this illness I will be a somewhat different guy. Something I should have done a long time ago. God is Good and so is Lynda.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I sure hope that the dilation works so that you can eat some tasty food and drink a wonderful glass of H2O . . . or even a sip or two to start.

    I certainly do not believe the loving God of my understanding had anything to do with your developing cancer. That is simply biology and anatomy. However, what one does with difficulty, with illness, does produce that conversation with God which can lead to changed hearts, attitudes and goals.

    You, dear Leighton, haven't much change to make because you are a good person who has spent his time and money helping others. There are all kinds of way to preach! You send a sermon about how to live one's life to all of your friends and family every time you post to your blog. Don't underestimate that influence as you point others toward faith by witnessing to your own.

    I am one of your loyal parishioneers!

    Love now and always, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never say more than you friend, Grace just did!
    You have lived your life as an example & still have much more to do! No change other than getting well is called for or expected, dear friend! Godspeed to that goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been blessed to call you one of my closest friends for over 25 years. You have been an inspiration to not only me, but my children and now their children. Don't ever under estimate the impact you've had on everyone you've touched. God puts special people in our lives. He's still working on us thru you.

    Love Ya brother

    ReplyDelete