Friday, July 16, 2010

These people who tell you what "kick backs" you are going to get from some of this dang chemo is pretty dang correct. Nausea, hiccups, coughing, nausea. Plus I'm wiped out, don't you know? The first two drugs, Sisplaten (sp) and Hersepten (sp) didn't seem too bad. That took 5 hours (this being sick is a time consuming endeavor) and then home to the HHC nurse to hook me up to this 4 day deal. I'm looking at it like a mile run. Four times around the track. Here it is, Saturday evening and I just started the "Bell Lap." Do have some medi that somewhat counteracts the nausea but it puts you out for about three hours. Can't wait for phase 1 of 6 to be over and see how it going to be for the three weeks after that. (Then I start # 2) This stuff dries out your mouth. I have to carry water or ice chips around with me to "stave off" cottonmouth. You know how stuff you can't have can taste so good? Well, cool, clear water is unbelievable. I can't drink or it comes back up but oh it tastes so good--- oh so good --- when I wash my mouth out with it. I do have a dilation set for next Thursday and if I can drink water you will hear me yell no matter wherever you are.
Love you all, Thank you Lord, I love Lynda!

No comments:

Post a Comment