Saturday, July 3, 2010

Well, today is a "coasting" day. (Any day that's "Not Bad" is good, and this is one of those. Eating is a bitch. Two to four ounces at a setting. And, obviously I must choose where I use that energy produced from that little bit, with caution. Have been in touch with some of my "Cancer Pals" who are a year ahead of me and they have indicated that this phase lasts five to seven months. Just having a goal in that time frame helps. Obviously, I've got to "save" all the energy that I can for my two trips to DC. It does feel good to sleep and that's a new feeling. For a while I didn't do that very well.
Looking forward to having the 4th with Deb, Ed, Claire and Clay and watching some fireworks.
And, don't forget, Life is Good! Enjoy every second!
My wonderful caregiver is taking care of me like a baby. What a blessing she has been for the last 55 years! Only been married 53 but she was "setting me on the right path" two years before. As I've said many times, "I hardly remember not being married and not having kids." Since I was 20 at the time it kinda makes sense!
Love you all, God is Good!

1 comment:

  1. Leighton, Tom and I married in 1957 when I was only 19, so I was a teen age bride but I was a senior at Tech and felt very mature. HA!

    We had a very wet holiday, though Tom and I flew to Austin for the memorial of a college friend, who fought cancer for many years. No fireworks and no cookouts in Lubbock this year as we had 11 inches of rain in a couple of days.

    Hope your appetite continues to improve, and getting good sleep is a big plus. Enjoy your upcoming trip to D.C.

    We will be saying your name this weekend as the class of '55 gets together for our simple 55th reunion this weekend in Levelland. Wish you be there.

    Love, Grace

    ReplyDelete