Saturday, September 26, 2009

Friday has come and gone and I'm 10 rads away from being finished! I just have to point that out every day. Friday was also a scary day. Was able to take liquid early AM, but as the day wore on, NOT! The procedure doc said what he did, in fact, open me up, but the area was constricted and he could not get his scope completely thru. He advised that even tho the tumor had been pushed open it could "rebound" and the opening tighten up. Well, it dang sure did. It shut down and nothing went thru, not even water! I kept trying to drink but to no avail. Kinda starting getting scared. Then, about 7 PM, I remembered a guy telling me that if this happened to get some Calcium and Magnesium, mix it two to one, disolve it in water, (a big spoon, and drink it down. Lynda went to the health food store and sure enough they sell it in that formula. Calmag. I open a capsule, dump it in a spoon full of water, stick it in my mouth and, voila, I can drink again! Needless to say, I have mixed emotions that I have learned this "from the street" and not from my doctor. I suppose it's my responsibility to let them know this "new" find. More on that later. But, as "they" say, "All's well that ends well" and that's what I'm working towards! Now I can look forward to the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Leighton, I am just now catching up with your blog, and hate to learn of some of things you are having to endure, but focus on the positive outcome which this old friend believes awaits youin the end.

    Referencing your 9/19 posting, dear Leighton, make that play, Waiting for Godot, and yes, it is in the absurdist tradition, simply waiting, waiting, waiting. It was recently revived on Broadway, and well done, so I read, if that is your cup of tea . . . or should I say your bag of magic water!

    Pulling and praying for you. Grace

    ReplyDelete