Sunday, September 13, 2009

Well, now we are "off to the races." Determine a plan to get rid of the cancer and get on with out lives. We choose not to withhold the "news" from our family, friends or all the people that we work with. Wow, what wonderful support we are surrounded with, immediately. With that support also comes reports from survivors and from ones who love us who have suggestions on where they have seen great results. Wow, again! So, a committee is formed to evaulate the treatments and where to get said treatments. The committee consists of my sweetie Lynda, my three daughters, (Debbie, Angie, Sherie) and my brother, Charles, who is an MD. Let me tell you, they ask questions. First, the home town team of doctors are "checked out." Dr. Mal Turner, Dr. A. J. Dubay and Dr. David Carter. As good as they come! So, off we go with them but we are encourged to at least get "a second opinion", even by the cancer docs. So, based on some great recomendations, we approach MD Anderson Hospital in Houston, a world class cancer treatment center. We gather all the results from all our tests and FedEx them to Houston. "Sorry", they say, "we no longer accept your insurance because they chose what to pay us what they think we deserve rather than what we had orginally agreed on." Well, so much for that so let's get on with this deal.
Dr. Mal, my oncologist, offers the opportunity to participate in a study, (trial), that, if succesful, might keep me from having surgery after I have radiation and chemo. "I'll take it sir" I respond. Now, not only is my brother the MD looking over their shoulders, (did I mention that he is personal friends with them all?), but so are the "study people." What more could I ask? The Lord guides you to where you are supposed to be. Our biggest problem is choosing to turn another way. This time He let me "knock around for awhile" and then gently set me back on the course He had designed.

No comments:

Post a Comment