Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friday was a "non" day. Actually, I seem to be hitting a "rythm" and I guess I can't complain. I don't feel so bad that I can't do something but I don't feel good enough to do much. Food and drink just don't smell or taste great, but I have to "have" them, or else!
"Waiting for Gordo", I think was a play that has been around for years and, in memory, it bests illustrates my life right now. In the play these two guys just sit around and talk about when and whether Gordo is ever going to come. My life and the play just keep going on, waiting for a time I'll feel better and wondering if and when. I keep reminding myself, it's just like preparing for a marathon. You set your plan, not too ambitious as to hurt yourself but so that you will continue to stress your body into getting stronger so that you can make the distance in a time you will be happy with. Making it to Radiation every day is like making it to a workout. Then you come away with the plan to make it to the next one, 24 hours away.
Enough of that! 13 radiations down and 15 to go. (Come on Monday!) I'll be on the downhill side. And, with my Tuesday chemo I'll be two thirds of the way done with them.
Now, I'm just not just sitting around all the time. I still have work. I still have my two youngest grandkids and their Mom and Dad just down the street, I still have all my friends that encourge me, I still have my other two daughters and a son in law that call everyday, a brother and a sister and thier mates contantly checking on me, the love and careing of three granddaughters scattered across the US and last, but definitely not least, my wonderful wife, caregiver, lover, sweetheart Lynda. Include all those with prayers from around the world and I've got it made!
Thanks to all of you for joining me on the journey. Today is going to be better thanks to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment