Monday, September 21, 2009

Today started with radiation at 7:30. Asked the technician if rad could be causing my back to break out. "As a matter of fact, it could." she replied. "I'll get you some Radicream." It does help. I was dragging, and had not eaten or drank very much, so I was sent for extra fluid, again. Quart low, I call it. Met a guy from Childress who has lung cancer. Turns out he works for Five Star Ford in North Richland Hills. His owner, Sam Pack, was mentored by Lee Jarman the Studebaker dealer in Levelland in 1953.
Later today I was treated to visits from two "vintage" friends from my home town of Levelland. Sharon Kirk Wilson and Tommy Sibley. Tommy was on his way to Santa Fe from Beaumont and had to look me in the eye and hug me and Sharon came over to join. This was a good day, especially since I'm halfway thru with both radiation (14/28) and chemo (3/6). Nausea comes and goes. Funny, roller coaster days are good days because at least some of the time you feel about half decent. One more funny thing, I'm looking forward to chemo tomorrow because, if history repeats itself, I'll feel a whole lot better tomorrow afternoon. Of course I'll pay for it on Wednesday, but being the eternal optimist, maybe not.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Leighton you are so inspiring! It was great seeing you and Lynda in TR this year. We are all praying for you. In Jeremiah 30:17 the Lord says, "For I will restore heath unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds." He has great plans for you! Keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say that we love you and pray every night for you and Lynda. I pray that the treatments go by fast and with little to no pain. Of course we pray that the cancer is gone and you can go on living your life enjoying it to the fullest. We love Uncle Leigthon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete