Thursday, September 24, 2009

Two days pass so fast! Yesterday was Rad, plus see the doc. Doc tells me I'm a "quart low" again. So off to the chemo place to get a round of "whatever." Comes in a bag, it's clear, goes in my port and I feel better when I leave than when I get there, so I guess it's some kind of super water. The rest of the day goes reasonablly well, but I can't eat anything. I keep thinking, "Tomorrow I get the dialation and I'll be able to eat." The thought wears me out and I'm in bed by 8:30. Up for rad this AM and see the doc. (rad doc) Determines I'm again a "quart low" because my blood pressure is so low. Decides for me to get another infusion in order to make sure I can still do the procedure at 2:30. Get the juice then go to dialation.
(Does it seem as if I'm at the doc's all the time and/or going back and forth? Hey, you've figured it out!)
After the procedure, which did open me up just a bit, I drink soup. Honestly afraid to try out my "new opening." Worry that it will not work and I don't have a plan B. (But I guess I'm not the one who works that out!)
Lynda's home! Find out that my eating passageway has been opened up about the width of my little finger. Yea! Now I can eat soup with stuff in it!
Tonight I was at Bluebonnet Cancer Camp orientation. Camp will be Oct. 2, 3 and 4. My buddy in Tom H. This is going to be fun, both for Lynda and I. She will have a free weekend. Hard to believe that I only have 11 more rads and 2 chemos, but I believe it!

3 comments:

  1. There are only 15 day left -- but who is counting. I love you with your new hair cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leighton: It's good to read this as I feel you're sitting here talking to me....so, good to hear your voice! : ) You and Lynda are in my prayers daily more then once!! Hang in there....you're doing great, and hopefully it'll all be finished soon, and you'll be running around like before!! Hugs, Becky/COF

    ReplyDelete
  3. To quote POPS, it's always better to be seen than otherwise! I have posted your blog on Facebook so maybe U can get more prayers!

    ReplyDelete