Saturday, September 12, 2009

January, 2009, brought some not so welcome changes in the life's of Lynda and Leighton Railsback. First, GM, my company that I had spent 30 years with, went bankrupt and canceled our health insurance. Luckily, I'm over 65 so I have Medicare (insurance with the government) so it wasn't all that traumatic. However, December 31, 2008, I choose to take AARPMedicare Complete from Secure Horizons as my health coverage. I deemed it "Medicare Plus" because it had some benefits (or so I thought) that made it better than Medicare. In some later post, maybe, I may discuss that. Fast forward, three days, to January 3, 2009. Fell in the hall of our home and broke my right femur. Two days later I got three pins "installed" and I was (to be) as good as new! Rehab went well. Well enough that on June 27 I ran a one mile race in Plano. (Oh yeah, I run.) Then, June 29, while relaxing the beautiful City on Santa Moncia, CA, I found out I had eshopiseal

No comments:

Post a Comment