Sunday, September 27, 2009

OK, let's talk. This cancer sucks. Now, with only 12 days to go (10 rads, 2 chemos) there are no "good" days. You just measure each one against the last one. If it's better, it's better, if it's worse it's worse. I just try to sleep as much as possible. Two reasons: to use less energy and make the time go faster. Maybe I'm getting 500 calories a day down, at best. Nothing tastes good. Everything smells different, even people. And, it's not them it's that something has broken my smeller, if that's a good word? I played ball with my 4 year old grandson today. I'm sitting in a chair, I throw the ball, he catchs it and brings it to me. I'm not going to be remembered that way. One these days I may go down hard but it's not going to be from this s--t! I will be running and playing with all my grandkids again.
Let me tell you how much the cards, emails, comment's on the Blog, prayers mean to me. No way I could mention one name because then I would have to list everyone, and I don't have that much Blog space.
I will say that I love you all and we will get together again. And, to my running friends. Let me tell you, when I get my feet under me again I'm going to be "Fleet Man." You remember how quick I was at 155, imagine how quick I'll be at 140! Stand Clear! Oh yeah, did I say I loved you all? If not, I do.

3 comments:

  1. Honey,I will be happy to see you playing with all of us

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read this I am reminded that my dad ... is an amazing man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fight! Fight! Fight!
    Kick em in the knee!
    Kick em in the ****
    Fight!Fight!Fight!

    You got us!, We got you!
    and God's in control!
    Love ya! tkay

    ReplyDelete