Friday, September 18, 2009

Remember, deciding to move when you were young (or in college)? You just did it. And about two thirds of the way thru, at 3 AM, you realized you had expended every bit of energy that you had, and you realized that was it, at least until you got some rest? Well, that's how this stuff treats you. One minute up, next minute way, way down. Now, that's not to say Thursday was bad, it wasn't. Up in AM, off to Rad, then back home to get some work done. (One must continue ones business if one is to afford having cancer.) 11 AM, deflate! "Go to Chair." Sleep! Ah ha, up and ready to go again. Work, deflate, chair. Work deflate, chair. 6 PM, off to meeting.
(Oh yeah, did I tell you that, last December, Lynda and I agreed -- well actually it was me -- to be the working chairs of the Texas Health Resources Hospital Gala benefitting an Adult Cancer Suvivors Camp? Ironic, wouldn't you say? Now, I R 1!)
Meeting went well, work went well and "out to eat with my pals, afterward" went well, but Lynda drove home, I think, and boy was the bed welcome!
I guess it's the radiation. You are walking around and all of a sudden you feel a tightness in your chest. It's almost like indigestion but more severe, but you just wait for it to pass, and it does, but it sure takes it out of you.
Enough about that. Tomorrow (which is here) is another day. It will be better. Boy, I love my wife!

1 comment: