Friday, November 13, 2009

As in every Thanksgiving, the Lord gives me and family something extra to give thanks for. This year it's the special healing that He has directed my way.
As you know from my early posts the health insurance that we have just about "forced" us to the treatment plan that we embarked on, in our own hometown. We "ended up" with about 10 doctors that were all friends of my brother and were all well respected in their fields. We "ended up" in a hospital that has patient care and "caring" as it's primary focus. One of the "girls" who checked me in I taught in Sunday School 40 years ago. Looks like I will be dismissed tomorrow or Sunday and three of the nurses from ICU took the time to come down today and wished my God Speed. (I've been out of ICU since last Saturday afternoon).Oh yes, and all this is only 5 minutes from home! The Lord puts where you need to be, doesn't He?
I have been surrounded by prayer each step of the way. Three doctors came in today to say how they could not believe how well I'd healed. "Prayer", has always been my answer to them.
Walked a 100 yards twice today and am "chopping at the bits" to get out of here, but it will come when it's supposed to come.
Could not have done it without Lynda and all my family. Debbie, Angie, Sherie plus their respective familiess and friends. My brother Charles and sister Phyllis and their families and then all of you, our friends, literally worldwide, that have been praying for Lynda and I.
OK, enough of all that. Don't think this is the end of this process because until I run another foot race (and I have set April as the month) I'll still will not be "healed." Again, love you all and thanks for your prayers, cards, flowers and visits. ---- More to come.

4 comments:

  1. How good that the nearby hospital, doctors and nurses have been so supportive and skilled. And you are twice blessed by having a loving, supportive family who are blessed to have you, as well.

    I add my blessings, dear friend, as you get ready to return home and start preparing for that April foot race. Be a smart patient and go at the right pace for you; in other words, take it easier than you probably desire to do. Hopefully, Lynda will provides the braking system when you get overly ambitious.

    Such good positive news. Hurrah! Hurrah! Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sat. aft. HOORAY for you, Leighton - I am so, so happy to have just r'cvd the e-mail from Lynda saying you came home today!!! It is just wonderful that you've done so well - You are truly an inspiration to us all & living proof that God does answer prayer...And, you're right, it doesn't hurt that you have family & friends who have close contacts with your Doctors & those watching out for you either... You ARE where you needed to be!!! Will you & Lynda please give each other a big (well, maybe gentle) HUG for me!!!
    LOVE this news!!!
    Wanda Hawkins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing you in your chair was the best gift ever. Thanks for being determined to get better and to start eating again. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having read Wanda and Lynda's comments lets me know you are back home, earlier than expected.

    Thanksgiving has come early to the Railsback
    home. I join in with all this rejoicin' and celebratin'!!

    Happily, Grace

    ReplyDelete