Monday, November 9, 2009

"Escaped" from ICU and now my next "hurdle" is getting all these tubes out. Don't know how many I have and don't care. Just don't want them out if that's possible. What I have been "looking forward to" is a barium swallow. Yeah, sure! But it's something I have to do to prove my body is ready to move on it's own. So, today was the day. They unplugged me from everything, piled what they couldn't on my bed and off I went down the hall, over 10 bumps, down two floors and was slid over onto a flat cold table, told to "sip" barium, asked if they can stand me up and then listen to them comment what was happening to the barium. And then back to my room the same way. Now I'm back waiting for the results.
Good --- they take out some tubes.
Bad --- then I get to do this again.
Needless to say I sure am hoping and praying for the best! That's it for today unless they come and give me the results. Either way you may hear me hollering whereever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment