Friday, November 27, 2009

What can I say? Miracles happen, again and again! Stepped up to the Thanksgiving spread, proceeded to place some of everything on my plate. Not much, mind you, but it was a plate full by the time ran the 10 feet of table. Every thing tasted like it was supposed to! I ended up eating it all and had a sliver of cherry pie with real whipped cream on it. This morning I had ham and a half piece of french toast.
Enough of my food intake. I did sleep on my right side some but still have some pain.
The even better of part of Thanksgiving. All my family were here. We all gathered at my brother Charles's (and sister in law Jackie's) ranch south of Stephenville. All of his family was there plus my sister Phyllis and her husband George. Total, 32. Just wish my Mom and Dad could have seen this beautiful bunch.
This week I begin to "eat in earnest." Want to get rid of this feeding tube but I've got to offset the 1500 calories that I get using it. Am looking forward to (and I'm fearful as to how it will taste) a greasy hamburger. Oh yeah, my mainstay before all this happened, mexican food. You know, if you take "going out to eat" away from the "things you do" you don't get to hang out with many of your friends!
Love you all and hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go, Leighton. Someone must have blessed you with some gooooood Thanksgiving cooking.

    Also, I really enjoyed the family photos of your family on Facebook. You are looking good.

    Love to you and yours,
    Curtis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the pictures Taylor posted and you looked great! I am so sad that I missed it, but I was so happy to see you doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The description of your big family reunion and Thanksgiving celebration sounds so All-American!
    What a blessed time you must all have had together.

    Tom and I enjoyed our twosome Thanksgiving in San Antonio, but it is not the same thing as a big family get together.

    I am amazed, indeed, that you are back eating such a variety of solid foods so soon following surgery. Soon that tube feeding should be a thing of the past.

    Love to you all, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Pops...well, now I wish I hadn't read your blog on an empty stomach today! Sounds like you had a FINE feast, and yeah, you'll be dining on Mexican food in no time! So glad you are feeling so much better. John and I are in awe of you (and your beautiful Lynda too, of course). We love ya, Ann

    ReplyDelete