Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's great when I don't feel like "posting" and Lynda steps to the plate and puts out the info. What she didn't tell is that in getting the baruim test I was also listenting to the dr that was conducting the test and it was my "assumption" that I had failed. Well, Mr. Optomism went into a spiral. "Woe is me" was my thoughts. When I got back to the room at 10:30 AM I was not a man to be spoken to. Lynda realized it, patted my hand and went home (after trying to pull me out of a funk that I didn't explain to her why I was in.) 2 PM arrived and one of Dr. Carter's associates come in and asked how I was. After the old batter "just fine" and all that stuff I asked about the barium swallow. "Oh, I don't know, You'll have to ask Dr. Carter." Well, have you ever had two doc from the same office visit you in the same day? Not me, so further into my funk I went. "I've lost a day and maybe two." I thought. So, I just rolled over and went to sleep. Awoke at four, clock slowly moved to 5, then 5:15, and then in walked Carter. "How you doing?" He asked. "How am I doing?" I asked. "Well you did well on the swallow test today." he sez. "Then, when do I get these tubes out?" I respond. "Oh, you mean like this one?" and pulled the one from my nose. And then proceded to pull the rest, except the cathater. Boy was I relieved and boy was I ashamed that I couldn't wait on the Lord. Then the doc came by yesterday and gave the orders to pull the cathater and now, when they say I can (and send some to walk with me) I can! Yea! Doc also told me that I would get a "liquid tray" for the next two days and then progress to a "jello and mashed potatoes" after that. And, maybe go home this coming weekend. Boy, did that sound good!
Considering at what happened at Ft. Hood my "journey" pales in importance. I know you all have added those survivors and the wounded to your prayers, and so have I. Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Pops, I love you and am so happy that you passed. You never fail to put the world in perspective.

    I am attending a charity event tonight to raise money for the families of Ft. Hood victims. I'll be praying for those families and thanking God that he has kept mine safe.

    Love,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pops, this is Erin's long-time friend Jocelyn. Erin has been keeping us updated on your progress, and I just wanted you to know that you have been in all of our thoughts. Sounds like it was a good day today, with many more to come. I'm so happy for you and your family. Keep up the fight.

    Jocelyn Hudson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I did know you were in a "junk" and I also knew that it would be short lived. You are just too "half full" for it to last. Love you, Honey

    ReplyDelete