Saturday, November 7, 2009

Early on the morning of November 8. Each day is amazing! Today I was "expelled" from ICU because I was, as my surgeon put it, "Too healthy." What good news to my ears. Hated to leave the excellent care I was getting but it was good to "grow out of the need for it." It was exhausting moving from one area to another! Seems that Saturday night was the time they had chosen to go even more computerized! So, the "trip" that should have taked 20 minutes took two hours. Charles was here so he smoothed the process. Looks like I will have excellent caregivers here also. Had visitors till 9. Drifted off to sleep and woke up at 10 with Lynda's lips on mine. She had come by earlier, spent some time, and went off to a party the she and some of her friends were putting on for the daughter of some of our other friends, who is getting married. She said she couldn't go home without kissing me goodnight. Is that swell or what? (And, who uses "swell" any more?) Whatever, I awoke feeling more rested than I have in days. As soon as she left I set about to answer all my emails of 5 days. Now it's time to go to bed.
Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Poppie!! It is so wonderful to see you getting healthier! It seems like everyday has been a huge step for you! I am sure the people there are impressed by your strength, because I know I am!! I love you so much and am so happy you have "graduated" ICU...that is fabulous news.
    Always prayin and lovin
    AmyJane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn't be surprised, Leighton, that you are back blogging so soon, but still I am. Thanks to Lynda for keeping us all informed while you were "indisposed." You are both lucky in love.

    Leaving ICU is another step on the road to recovery. So many of us are with you in spirit and in prayer as you negotiate that road which leads back to home and health.

    Day by day, stay the course. Love ya', Grace

    ReplyDelete