Sunday, November 15, 2009

Saturday I came home and I'm glad I did! Needless to say, it was exhausting. Was up and about more that day since I had been in the hospital. Came home, sat down and went to sleep. That evening started my tube feeding again (still working up to "real food.") Last night, in my real bed! Boy did it feel good. Looking forward to today to begin to move around, some. Well, my feeding tube decided, about 2 AM to start leaking. Got up and cleaned everything up. (Actually, I got up and Lynda cleaned everything up.) Same thing happened at 3! Then back to bed and we woke up at 7:30. Guess what, the feeding tube was clogged up and we could not get it to accept "food." So, we "cleaned up" for the third time.
At 11:30 we went to the emergency room at the hospital. I will not bore you with the all the drama that happened I will just tell you that I left the hospital, after watching almost all the Cowboy game, at 6:15. Now, let's say that tomorrow I begin my home recovery.
What I really hate about all this is that it makes you set everyone in your life aside (except those "doing stuff for you")and you get "selfish." It's all about me, me, me! That's not the way I operate and it feels like crap, but you don't seem to have a choice.
God is good and I have such a loving family and loving friends so I hope they forgive me. I will be back!

2 comments:

  1. Bummer! About the blocked feeding tube and the lousy Cowboys' game. At least you will get better. As for the Cowboys, who know??

    Have a less eventful Monday and stop fretting about being the center of attention. You are, temporarily, but that, too, will pass and you can return to being the giving husband and father.

    For now, let your family and friends lavish attention and love on you, even this friend from Lubbock.

    All my love and support, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, dang, Pops! You sure didn't need all that drama, did ya? And to add insult to injury, the stupid Cowboys lost the game. But all will be well, and I am so glad you're going to be sleeping in your own bed. Once you get back on a good schedule and feel like seeing visitors, John and I want to come see you again. Oh, and also, we plan to come out and cheer you on when you do that footrace in April! Count on us! Love, Ann & John

    ReplyDelete