Tuesday, November 3, 2009

One more day till "D" day! Received an email today that had an Emerson quote.
What lies behind us
and what lies before us
are small matters compared to
What lies within us.
Yesterday was fun. Stepped out of the shower and my feeding tube fell out. Called the doc. (6:15 AM) He sez call the office at the stoke of nine and tell them. They will tell you to go to the emergency room and then a doc will come over and reinsert a new one. (Thank goodness I had just finished my "feeding" at 6 AM.) Since I was still "full" I did my pre op for my Wednesday surgery at 9:30 (after calling the doc as told to) and when that was finished at noon I checked into the Emergency Room. Finally checked out at 5:20 with a new tube. Efficiency in action.
An "aside." If you have any friends that have to do the feeding tube routine the best thing I've found to keep the tube stablized when you are not "eating" is an Ace Bandage.
The last four days I've been stronger every day. Today I weighed 140.2. First time I've been about 140 in about 6 weeks. Yea!
I am so filled with peace that I have no fears about tomorrow. Thanks to all of you, my family and as always Lynda, the love of my life.

3 comments:

  1. Leighton,

    Jan & I have you and Lynda in our thoughts and prayers every day, but especially tomorrow. Have a speedy recovery, so you'll be ready for the next golf and cards event this spring!

    Sla'inte!

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Pops, what a GREAT photo! Sounds like you had a heckuva day with that dang tube today. Talk to you soon,love & prayers, Ann & John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worked in the election all day Tuesday and didn't get to read your blog until early Wednesday morning. I am saying a prayer for you this night and will continue in prayer for you and Lynda all day tomorrow, and as long as needed.

    God be with you tomorrow and always.

    Peace and love, Grace

    ReplyDelete