Thursday, November 5, 2009

I can not express the joy of seeing Leighton and knowing that each minute is bring healing to him. As his girls call him a strong old "coot", he continues to prove them right. Out of bed and into a chair three different times for at least 30 minutes each. Never a complaint about pain -- just doing what has to be done. When I left the late afternoon visiting hours, he said why don't you all go to a movie or do something fun. Honey, seeing you smile is all the fun I need. So tomorrow I will look forward to that crazy grin and spending time with you. Sleep tight and rest well. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. To you both, Leighton and Lynda,

    I am not a bit surprised that you, Leighton, are being the ideal patient in spite of the painful surgery you have had.

    All the news so far is good, and we pray for more of the same. Day by day, hug by hug, prayer by prayer, you will heal. Your indominable spirit has never needed healing, but your body needed some repairs, now made.

    Stay in the moment and remember you are loved by God, by a huge group of friends and family, and by your soulmate, Lynda.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nanny, This is why I have held your and Pops' relationship in such high regard for my entire life. The people at work must think I'm crazy because every day I read this blog I'm either laughing, or crying, or both!

    ReplyDelete