Thursday, October 1, 2009

Have I said before that cancer sucks? Well, if I haven't, it does. The lastest news its that I'm really doing a bad job getting nutrition down.
Wait, I jumping ahead of my self. Yesterday, being tired of wearing pants that look like they come from my big brother, I went to Steinmart to get some that fit. Knowing full well what I need, I walk in and ask Brenda, my personal shopper, (just kidding), where to find some 30 X 30. "Hon", she said, "Don't belive we've got any today, but you can look." Proved her wrong, after about 45 minutes. Found one pair. However they are "Hip" jeans. Skinny legs, faded, bell bottom, low waist, form fitting, cool, Chuck Schultz jeans. Lynda sez I look like James Dean. What I trying to say, I'm at 137, which is 1953 weight.
Well, the doc sez this will not work. We've got to attempt another dialation as see if we can push that hole to be somewhat bigger and this time it's in the hospital. So, that's where I'm reporting from, a hospital bed. This time they are going to keep me overnight to "observe" me.
Only have 6 more rads and one more chemo. Knocking them down one day at a time. Hmm, wonder if they will let me go down stairs for rad in the AM? Shucks, they can just push me down in this bed.
Thanks again for all your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Leighton - Just reading your most recent posts & seeing your strength amazes me! I'm inspired through my tears, but you always manage to make me smile somehow! Your postive outlook & loving personality endear you to us all and as I've said before...this along with your faith, family & the love you & Lynda have for each other will get you through this! Hang in there - I know you are!!! Bobby & I are sending Loads of Prayers & Loving thoughts your way today & every single day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you all the Love and Prayers we can find from Hilton Head. Angie get's maried tomorrow, she sends her love and prayers as well. Hang in there big brother.

    ReplyDelete