Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sure enough, it happened. Rad doc came in at 9 AM and discussed the possiblility of putting in the tube, we said yes and at 11 AM they took me to pre op. By, 12 noon I'm back in my room. So, now I'm tethered to a pole with nutrition going in. Oh yeah, with a sore belly. Cut me about an inch each way above my belly button and inseted the tube. I will have to get used to this. The plan is for me to "feed" from 7 PM to 7 AM and then be off my tether during the day. Will drink some on my own during the day. Hoped to go home today however it's the weekend and get all the stuff rounded up for me to have all off what I need doesn't look like it will happen. I can hardly wait to go home.

2 comments:

  1. Well, this is a Good thing...getting in more nutrition that is! I'm sure staying in the hospital is not something you cherish, but hang in there & trust this is best to begin to "fatten" you up, then move to the next step. (Man, do I wish I could could just transer a little of mine to you - this would help us both)! I'm sure you're a wonderful patient, like Bobby tries to be...sweet men can find it challenging when they're forced to be taken care of by someone else! Loads of loving prayers still coming your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience, my dear friend. Remember you are where you need to be and home awaits you soon.

    Peace and love, Grace

    ReplyDelete