Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Well, the die is cast. Wednesday, Nov. 4 is the day I will be operated on. Texas Health Resources HEB, Bedford, TX. 7:30 AM Had conversations with two docs today. Both agreed, as did I, now is the time because I'm stronger and ready. I will say I am anxious but I've committed the results to the Lord. I have joined my prayers with yours to ask His healing. The surgery will remove a portion of my esophagus plus a portion of my stomach and then they will sew those two together. For the rest of my life I will then be eating 5 or 6 meals a day. Or, better put, all the time. The doc sez I will be able to hike and run but I've got to learn to "eat on the run" but I've been doing that for years. I will be in ICU 2 or 3 days and then in the hospital for a max of 10 or 11 days. All the while checking for "leaks" which I don't plan on. Don't think I'm quiting this little process! Now, I plan on keeping you informed on "how" He has touched my life, again. Signing off for today. Love you all but Lynda the most!

4 comments:

  1. With God guiding the surgeons hands and all of your family and friends prayers, we know that all will go well. We're all with you.
    Love Ya brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you have a date for the operation. I appreciate you telling about the friend who had a successful similar operation. My son grew up without a valve at the top of his stomach and just figured that everyone had acid reflux all the time. They finally operated to cut some loose and make a valve and now he is doing great except he can't eat popcorn or drink carbonated drinks. Cuts down on his beer drinking but he never really enjoyed that.
    I have a special day in Denton to honor Lou Nov. 4 but I couldn't help your doctors anyway. You will continue to be at the top of my prayer list and I will add your surgeons.
    Charles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wednesday, November 4, will be a day of prayer in the community of Leighton/Lynda's family and friends. God bless you and the surgeons and nurses who will work on you.

    All the love I have to send your way, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pops, what wonderful news about the scheduled surgery! It was so great seeing you and your beautiful Lynda at Kathy & Stu's last Saturday night. John and I will continue to hold you in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete