Thursday, October 22, 2009

Little confession right here. Last Saturday, Sunday and Monday I experieced a bit of nausea, each day, and didn't want to say anything about it. However on Tuesday morning I woke feeling better than I have in a month and each day, since then, is progressively better. Able to think with continuity and haven't been as tired each day. Actually, went the last two days without naps, just because they weren't called for. Am riding a stationary bike for about 15 minutes each day and taking walks. Will wonders never cease. As you know, I'm taking most of my nourishment via feeding tube. Five cans a day, 300 calories a can. Found a can that has 560 calories in it and have added one of those each day. Puts me to about 2000. Slowly but surely I'm getting where I can eat, but it's very little. But, I feel good so that will come in it's due time. God is Good! Oh yeah, the better I feel, the better Lynda feels. We, my friends, are in this together. Could not do it without her. Could not do it without you!

3 comments:

  1. I am thankful that Lynda is feeling better...;) and of course you, too, Leighton.
    (Yes, I understand why you said Lynda is feeling better!)

    Love & prayers,
    Curtis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. Under such difficult circumstances, you seem pretty upbeat. Glad you are having some good days. You certainly deserve them, and Lynda does too.

    I, also, rode my stationary bike this morning as I was watching the recording of Charlie Rose's show about widespread obesity in the U.S. Now that is problem you don't have, and neither do I, though everything sags a bit on my old body.

    Tom and I leave in the morning to go close up our cabin. It has been cold here in Lubbock, and surely it is colder in the Sangre de Cristo's. I don't have easy access to a computer at the cabin, so I will catch up on your blog when I return. I will give the mountains a "shout out" from you, fellow NM lover.

    Even though I may not comment for a few day, it doesn't mean I will slack off on the prayers and the healing thoughts I send you via "whatever."
    No matter where I am, you both are always in my heart.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is very good. He gave us you and Lynda. We'll miss you tonight brother but you'll be in our hearts. Glad your starting to get some strength back.

    Love ya,
    r.j.

    ReplyDelete