Monday, October 26, 2009

Sorry team, I've fallen down on my job. The reason is that everyday is the same (which is good because I'm not slipping back), but, in hindsight, I should have reported that. My weight is steady, my color is coming back (per Lynda) and I feel strong every morning when I wake up. Oh yeah, #2 daughter Angie came down from Virginia and a day later her #3 daughter Lyndsey appeared. So with those two, plus Debbie, Claire and Clay (#1 daughter and children) all buzzing around I just haven't gotten close to the computer. Today I meet with the surgeon so he can evaluate my current status and see where he wants me to be before surgery. I do hope that soon food will start "tasting good" to me again. Thank God for feeding tubes. And, I did get out to two "gatherings", Friday and Saturday, and I'm none the worse for wear. Felt good to get out and about. Gone for now, will report on what doc sez!

2 comments:

  1. Appreciate the report - we worry when you don't write for a few days. Was SO great to see you at the luncheon on Friday, though also hope all those hugs don't pass along a flu bug from one of us lady friends who just couldn't resist...That's what you get for being such a hunk!!! Eagerly awaiting the next update - As always, sending prayers & hugs to both you & Lynda!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, when I checked in Tuesday afternoon, after returning from Taos Monday night, I was glad to read the good news of a relatively normal weekend with daughters and grandkids surrounding you and Lynda. What a blessing.

    The weather in Taos varied during our four days there from clear and warmish to windy and cold, with rain and sleet. When we arose on Monday, there had been a big, widespread snow, beautiful if one can just sit back with a hot beverage and enjoy the views; however, Tom had to tramp around outside without snowboots, closing the shutters, and then climb down into the well house to drain the pump. I was doing all the stuff inside the cabin, lucky me. Every time we drove through Tres Ritos, I gave a greeting from you and said a prayer for you.

    Anxious to hear about the surgeon's opinion.
    Peace and love, Grace

    ReplyDelete