Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sometimes there is a pivotal day, and yesterday was it. Over the past 5 weeks, Thursdays and Fridays have been the most challenging. Wednesday night I would crash after my Tuesday chemo and Th and Fr would be a stuggle. Plus, every Monday, even tho I would have two day without treatment to recover, I would be weaker that the prior Monday. So, when this last Thursday I woke up with a carved up belly, getting the feeding tube in, I was a "whipped puppy." I oould not see up! And, then I begin to get nourshment and my stomach began to get "unsore" and the fight came back.
Yesterday I was ready to go home but the doc said, "One more day" and I'm glad she did. Last night my back got to hurting (from laying in bed four days) and I got up and sat in a chair. Nurse came in and asked, "Are you hurting?" "Yep" I sez and explain why. She checks to see if the doc has left any pain medication orders. I thought perhaps Tyenol. Nope, morphine. So much for that restless night. It got me from 11:30 to 4:30. Longest stretch of sleep since I've been here. But I believe I'll pass on doing that again.
Can't wait to get home with my sweetie.

3 comments:

  1. You are right at the top of my prayer list and I appreciate your blog comments. You have a good attitude and that is half of the battle. Thank you for your cancer fund raising work. My granddaughter works for Cook Children's and works with a lot of cancer camps for kids. Hang in there.
    Charles

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in our prayers daily. You gotta get better so we can go back to Tres Ritos and ride motorcycles again.
    Love ya,
    R.J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be sad thinking of the trip you & Lynda will miss this time...There are many trips ahead when you're back to your fighting weight and you get this ordeal behind you...And, we know you will!!
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present". You are our inspiration, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete